Swab Sampling Guide
Swabs are for use in hard to reach areas where surfaces may not be flat enough to press a tape slide onto.
Swabs can be used to culture for viable fungi and total bacteria, and to test for total coliforms and E. coli.
- Whenever possible, a measured area (100cm2) should be entirely swabbed and the amount of area entered on the Chain of Custody.
- Sample location should be marked on the swab enclosure.
- Open sterile swab packet without touching the sterile swab surface.
- Remove blue cap from tube and moisten swab by inserting into Amies gel transport medium.
- Swab the area of interest, and replace swab back into the tube and store in a cool dry place until delivery to Eurofins.