Bulk Samples Procedure
Bulks are very useful to identify fungi to the genus level. The material can also be used for culture of viable fungi.
- Bulk samples generally are building materials but other materials such as earth, mulch or compost can be analysed. These can be the paper part of gypsum board, insulation, wood, leather, carpet, carpet backing.
- Materials should be small in size (suggested less than 6 cm x 6 cm)
- Materials should be placed inside a clear plastic Ziplock sandwich bag (any size) and sealed.
- Mark the bag and the chain of custotody form.
- Keep the material in a cool dry place out of the sunlight until delivered to the laboratory.
Chain of Custody
Chain of Custody Form (68 KB)