HERTSMI-2 Analysis & Vacuum Testing Kit
qPCR Dust Sampling Kit:
1. Dust collector (The dust collector contains a main holder, a cap on each end and a filter insert).
2. 1 re-sealable bag for the dust collector.
3. Sampling instructions and Chain-of-Custody (COC) form.
4. 1 pair of sterile disposable gloves
Equipment Needed (Not Provided in kit):
1. Vacuum Cleaner.
2. 1 tape measure.
3. 1 Stop watch, Timer, or a clock/watch with second hand.
4. 1 roll of masking tape (or any tape that could map out the sampling area).
- Ideally sampling should be done in two primary rooms, such as the common living area and the bedroom. (Combining basement or crawl space dusts with upstairs living space samples is strongly discouraged.)
- Wearing gloves mark a 1m x 2m rectangular sampling area on the floor. If the sample location cannot accommodate a sample area of these dimensions, adjust the dimensions accordingly (but try to sample a total of 2m2) and record these dimensions on the Chain of Custody.
- Detach the head/nozzle from the vacuum cleaner, carefully remove the caps from both ends of the dust collector (set them aside) and insert it onto the vacuum cleaner.
Note: It may fit loosely until the vacuum is turned on. You may wrap a piece of tape between dust collector and the vacuum hose to prevent the dust collector from accidentally falling off while in use.
- Turn on the vacuum (the dust collector and vacuum hose should fit tightly together). Place the dust collector at one corner of the marked out area and vacuum the sampling area (total of 2m2) for at least 5 minutes. Check the filter insert for accumulation of dust. If not enough dust is present, either increase the vacuuming time or expand the vacuuming areas.
Note: Slightly tilt the dust collector to one side while vacuuming to increase the vacuum’s efficiency. The opening of the dust collector in total contact with the floor surface will not collect the sample as it completely blocks all airflow
- Moving onto the bedroom, hold the dust collector facing up,turn off the vacuum and replace one plug in the end of the dust collector so the dust does not fall out.
- Repeat Step 2. If the sample location cannot accommodate a sample area of these dimensions, adjust the dimensions accordingly. Again, check the filter insert for accumulation of dust. If not enough dust present, either increase the vacuuming time or expand the vacuuming areas.
- Hold the dust collector facing up, then turn off the vacuum.
- Replace the plug in the small end of the dust collector, turn it around so the big side is facing up and remove the dust collector from the vacuum hose, and replace the other plug.
- Place the capped dust collector into a re-sealable bag.
- Send the dust collector and the signed COC form back to MouldLab.
|Brand||Mouldlab Laboratory Analysis|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MouldLab (NSJ EnviroSciences Pty. Ltd.) users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.