How are you exposed to mould?

We are all exposed to some normal levels of mould on a daily basis, seemingly without harm.  It is common to find mould spores in the air inside homes mostly from outdoor sources like the fresh food we eat.

Mould spores primarily cause health problems when they are present in large numbers and people inhale so many of them.  This occurs primarily when there is active mould growth within the home, office, workplaces or school where people live or work.

People can also be exposed to mould by touching contaminated materials, pets and by eating contaminated foods.