ERMI Analysis & Swiffer Testing Kit
How to take an ERMI Sample using the Swiffer method
- Use the Swiffer dust cloth that comes in the kit.
- Wearing disposable gloves (supplied in the sampling kit) swipe 10 different areas in your home, school, or workplace.
- NB: USE THE SAME CLOTH FOR ALL AREAS UNLESS SEPARATE SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS IS REQUIRED.
MouldLab includes specific directions in the sampling kit. ERMI testing in homes with hardwood floors or non-carpeted floors are best done by Swiffer cloth used on surfaces such as a top of a shelf top of a door frame or top of a window sill. Please check with MouldLab regarding their protocol; they usually want at least 10 horizontal surfaces to be collected with Swiffer to be sure enough dust is present. Dust in one direction (left to right or right to left, not back and forth).
- The 10 areas could include the tops of door frames in your bedrooms, the entertainment stand in your living area, a bookshelf in another bedroom. The goal is to gather dust from different areas in your home to give the total picture of possible fungal presence in the home.
- After swiping 10 areas, fold Swiffer cloth with the dust inside and place the in the Ziplock bag and re-seal it.
- Label and date the sample and complete the chain of custody form supplied in the kit (also available on this website).
- Return the sample to MouldLab.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mouldlab (NSJ EnviroSciences Pty. Ltd.) users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.